Terms and Conditions for Artists in the H.I.N.S.A. Program
1. Artists can apply with their CV and portfolio of 5-10 images of proposed artworks to upload onto the platform. Applications can be sent to H.I.N.S.A. curators at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Artists must be a profesional; either having obtained a diploma in a visual art or related field, is earning a living primarly from creating art and/or has already participated in at least 2 solo exhibitions.
3. The artists main work must be in visual arts including drawing, painting, photography, mixed media or collage.
4. Artists must have a fully functioning website where their full portfolio is visible and can be linked back to the H.I.N.S.A. platform.
5. The artist shall be able to offer high quality images of their artwork. H.I.N.S.A. can provide a photographer to assist artists in this area if needed.
6. Artists agree to give H.I.N.S.A. the rights to use the artists images to produce merchadise in limited editions, as well as accross the H.I.N.S.A. platforms including our website and marketing materials.
7. Artists understand that one image of their artwork will be used to produce from 50 to a maximum of 200 merchandise products, with a maximum of 3 products. For example an image can be printed 200 times on a T-shirt and thereafter re-printed on a mug and bag.
8. Artists work will be printed on one product at a time while on display ont he H.I.N.S.A. platform. After the first product has sold 80%, then the work will then be transferred to a second product.
9. Original artworks will not be sold by H.I.N.S.A. However links to each artists website will be present on the platform so buyers can have access to the artists original work on their own platforms.
10. H.I.N.S.A. will pay 20% of the net price of each sale to the artist on a monthly basis after a month is closed. For example, an artist that starts selling on the platform, in February will recieve their first payout for February and March by mid April.
11. A further 20% of the net price of each sale will be given to the H.I.N.S.A. charity fund foundation, which has a main aim to support artists in different forms – see later support rules
12. Artists can apply to join the platform any time throughout the year. New applications will be reviewed and answered within one month.
13. A maximum of 50 new artists per year will be allowed, and 4 new artists per month can be intoduced to the platform. The total of 250 artists will be allowed overall.
14. Once an artist is accepted and five images by the artist are chosen, a contract between H.I.N.S.A. Non-Profit and the artist/gallery will be signed. The artist/gallery will then be informed of their pre-launch campaign date, in which the artist will be introduced on to the platform.
15. The artist must provide all necessary information to the foundation, including; artwork images, short written interview, CV, website and social channels links and a short video (if they have one) to include on their H.I.N.S.A. profile before it goes live. We will provide a data sheet form to support the process.
16. H.I.N.S.A. will manage the design work of each product with the artist/applicant’s chosen images and send the final design to the artist/gallery for approval before launching on our website.
17. After the artist’s approval of the product design the product will be launched in the H.I.N.S.A. webshop and a second campaign will be launched to advertise the new artist’s products.
18. H.I.N.S.A will retain the right to sell any printed products to other companies or sell the items on other platforms to ensure optimum sales for teh artist.
19. Full transperancy of sales and H.I.N.S.A.s charity fund development will be sent on a Quarterly basis to all participants in the program. Participants can also track their sales in the website shop.
20. Artists and galleries can buy and sell physical products made by H.I.N.S.A. on their own websites or physical spaces. They may purchase the products as a B2B client at a discounted price of 10%. They have the right to resell the item at any price.
H.I.N.S.A. Support Rules and Conditions
21. After the first year (2021), artists and galleries participating in the program will be eigible to apply for assisstance as supported by the H.I.N.S.A. charity fund foundation.
22. Scholarship or support applications for the H.I.N.S.A. foundation, will be welcomed after July 2021 before 1st December 2021. Successful artists will be notified notified in Januray 2022 and payed accordingly in the following Quarters. The same cycle will repeat each year.
23. H.I.N.S.A. will redistribute grants based on the incomes of the closed year. Thecharity fund will consist of teh 20% contribution after sales, and donations gathered trouout the year.
Categories of Support for Artists
a. Project Support – Artists can apply to have specific projects hosted on the H.I.N.S.A. platform open for donations, for a maximum of 2 months. Donations received will be paid at the end of the campaign period.
b. Scholarship Support – Scholarships aim to financially contribute to support an artist for a period of 3 - 6 months. Scholarships grant an artist 150 euros per month. The number of scholarships available for application will be announced in September each year.
c. Micro Development Grants – Micro grants of 200 euros are available for H.I.N.S.A. artists looking for assistance related to the development of their practice. It could be for material, production or other developmental costs. A description of the intention for the grant will be necessary to apply for this support.
Categories of Support for Galleries Representing an Artist
d. Exhibition Support – Costs related to marketing an exhibition for an artist prticipating in the H.I.N.S.A. program.
e. Travel costs – Costs related to representing an artist abroad that is participating in the H.I.N.S.A. program.
Scholarship Support Rules
1. H.I.N.S.A.’s first round of scholarship support will be available from January 2022.
2. Scholarship requests are welcomed anytime until the beginning of December of yeach year fro payout in the year after.
3. An artist has to be part of the H.I.N.S.A. program and can only apply for support after actively selling on the platform for three months.
4. Artists can apply for support any time until December of each year. Successful applicants will be notified in Janury and payed accordingly in following Quater.
5. Apprications can be made via the application form on our website www.hinsa.art/forartists
Project Support Rules
1. Project support request for croud funding can be applied for, and will be hosted by H.I.N.S.A. on the platform after approval of the curators. The payout will happen after 2 months and in teh amount gathered in this 2 months.
2. If an artist does not receive enough donations at the end of their allocated period on the platform to cover their full project budget, H.I.N.S.A. may provide the remaining funds, if the artist applies for that.
3. Artists can apply for support any time until December of each year. Successful applicants will be notified in January and payed accordingly in following Quater
4. Apprications can be made via the application form on our website www.hinsa.art/forartist
We plan to be able to distribute after the first 12 months ca 30.000 Euro charity support.
This can be made, if we have in the program 50 artist by the end of the year and we have sold 8000 gifts in one year. Success depends on all of us, and we have mutual interest for this target to be met. Help us to help you!